Halloween Smoochie (also known as simply Disco Bear) is a Smoochie revolving around Disco Bear. It was available on the Happy Tree Friends website, but it would eventually be removed with the website now redirecting to MondoMedia's . The only official remnants of the game currently are videos that show the options and the .swf file that was still in the old version of the website. As its name suggests, this Smoochie's theme is Halloween.
The non-interactive version was released on Mondo's official website on October 10, 2008 and on YouTube on October 11, 2008.
Description[edit | edit source]
Disco Bear goes trick-or-treating for Halloween, but gets more tricks than he bargains for!
Idles[edit | edit source]
- Music plays as Disco Bear dances to it before it abruptly stops.
- Disco Bear pats his afro.
Smoochie choices[edit | edit source]
Ghost[edit | edit source]
A bin filled with cloth will fall on the ground. Disco Bear will use a pair of scissors to make a ghost costume out of the cloth before returning the scissors into the bin. He will then ring the doorbell, only to fall backwards when he ends up spooked by a hanging paper ghost. His head will end up impaled on the scissors he placed in the bin earlier, killing him.
Caveman[edit | edit source]
A clothing rack will zip by, dressing up Disco Bear in a caveman loincloth. He will end up crushed by a dinosaur foot just as he is about to ring the doorbell. The door will then open to reveal a raptor, which will proceed to scrape Disco Bear's body with its claws.
Thrillah[edit | edit source]
A clothing rack will zip by, dressing up Disco Bear in a costume resembling Michael Jackson's outfit in the Thriller music video. After ringing the doorbell, the door will open to show Lumpy's hand giving Disco Bear a candy apple. Disco Bear will bite into the candy apple, only for his teeth to get stuck. His attempt at pulling the candy apple out will cause his skull to be pulled as well. After his body falls backwards, Lumpy's hands will appear again from the opened door to place a candle in Disco Bear's skull as if it is a jack-o-lantern.
Fates[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Disco Bear's head is impaled on a pair of scissors in the Ghost option.
- After getting crushed by a dinosaur's foot, Disco Bear's mangled body ends up scraped by a raptor in the Caveman option.
- Disco Bear ends up pulling his own skull out from his attempt at pulling the candy apple out of his mouth in the Thrillah option.
Notable mistakes and errors[edit | edit source]
- In the "Ghost" scene, when Disco Bear is flailing in pain after getting a pair of scissors impaled through his head, the turns are simply mirrored animations of his initial pose, causing the eyeball with the scissor point sticking out of it to switch places between turns.
- The doorbell disappears in the "Thrillah" scene starting from when Disco Bear pulls his skull out.
Prerelease and unused content[edit | edit source]
The Halloween Smoochie has four unrendered frames that contain style sheets for the animators. The first three are the style guide for Disco Bear's design including his "Caveman" and "Thrillah" costumes, while the lattermost frame consists of standard mouth graphics shared by most Happy Tree Friends characters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An idol is hidden in the collar of a cowboy outfit hanging on the clothing rack zipping by in the beginning of "Caveman" or "Thrillah" scenes.
External links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Halloween Smoochie's loading screen.
- ↑ Halloween Smoochie on Happy Tree Friends