|First appearance||House Warming|
|Latest portrayal||Warren Graff (1999- present)|
- "A happy home has all the right hardware for any happenstance!"
- — Handy's starring intro, Season 3 of Happy Tree Friends
Handy is a handless beaver who first appeared in the Happy Tree Friends episode, "House Warming". He lacks arms and due to that very reason, he is often met with nothing else but to pull his significant scowl when meeting a compromise.
Concept and creation[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Happy Tree Friends[edit | edit source]
Starring intros[edit | edit source]
- Season 1: Handy emerges from the bush he was residing in but proceeds to notice his absence of hands, causing him to pull a frustrated face.
- Season 2: Handy is smiling while in an orange background with a few logs.
- Season 3 through Season 5: Handy smiles at the viewer all while being surrounded by tools.
Biography[edit | edit source]
General information[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Handy has a knack for building stuff. He constantly engages in activities involving construction. This is in spite of his lack of arms. However, he is noticeably frustrated about the visible lack of the arms, as he always makes a frown when he realizes that he lacks the required limbs for a certain task. He's also generally seem stern and irritated. For example, he expresses anger when a giant snowball lands in his roadway after he had cleaned it of snow, throwing a small fit and kicking his shovel. He also appears to have an interest of flying. In the episode, In a Jam, it's revealed that he has photosensitive epilepsy, as the flashing lights triggers a seizure as his eyes become nystagmic, he collapses, seizures on the floor, and foams at the mouth. An interesting trait is his lack of concern for nearby deaths. For example, he appeared unfazed by the deaths of Nutty, and Russell in Ipso Fatso. Despite this, he has shown occasional grief to characters' deaths or endangerment, such as when he tried to rescues Cuddles in Claw. Handy is quite intelligent, as he possesses common sense and hardly does any clumsy acts.
Physical information[edit | edit source]
Handy is a orange beaver who wears a construction helmet and a tool belt consisting of a hammer and screwdriver. His most obvious trait is his lack of arms, which are bandaged up. It's never firmly established where Handy's arm is cut off as it would switch from his elbow to wrist. It's also not exactly established if he has ears or not, as numerous shots would feature him with or without ears (though, the latter is more common). Handy appears to be shorter than most characters, which is something one can see when they compare Handy's height to that of another character.
Other outfits and designs[edit | edit source]
Occupations[edit | edit source]
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Friends and love interests[edit | edit source]
Foes and rivals[edit | edit source]
Speech[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Favorite Character poll in 2003, Handy was tied with Toothy, Pop, and Cub for having 4% votes, putting all of them below Nutty, Cuddles, Flaky, Petunia, and Giggles (all at 6%) and above Sniffles (3%, placed #11). In the Best Happy Tree Friends Character tournament, he beat Petunia on Round 2 only to lose against Nutty on Round 3.